Saturday, February 25, 2006

Gaen ta be quick

It's late, just got home from work (stayed late) and I'm tired, but thought I'd mention a few things:

1. Just finished mixing the second of our two new recordings today. Both turned out marvelously. We did "Didn't Mean to Break Our Love" and "Get You Alone". Didn't Mean 2... is going on a split 7" we're doing with a band called Columbus on a label called Pop Echo from Edmonton, and Get You Alone is a demo we're taking to Toronto next week.

2. This is closely related to #1, but it's so exciting it deserves it's own number. We just received the Joy Electric remix Ronnie Martin did of Crystal Tears!!! Seriously, I nearly peed my pants. That dude is my hero, and he remixed a song the band I'm in plays, that I sing lead vocals on!! (if you can call that singing) Holy crap! Speaking of dreams coming true. And then I got an email from him today saying "Keep in touch". Damn straight I'll keep in touch! Dang!

3. Yesterday I had this woman come talk to me at work, and she ended up telling me that apparently she was a certified genius. Yeah, how about that? I think I believe her, though. She wasn't saying it in an arrogant way, just as a matter of fact. Anyway, she told me that there are eight intelligences and that apparently I have one "in spades", that being "Social Intelligence". She told me she knew that by the fact that I had no problem maintaining eye contact, and apparentely social intelligence is a rarity in males, and so therefore I am unique. Well, that's nice. She also seemed to hold the same views that I have regarding school, which I found both refreshing and amazing. I wished I could have talked to her longer.

4. Today I was "sighted" twice. Once while Tiff and I were coming from mixing, at the Broadway/Commercial Skytrain station. These scenester looking kids were like, "Hey, aren't you guys in Bella?". The second time was at work (which is actually really embarassing). I was giving some people my spiel about this sale we're having on ski passes and then one of the girls was like, "Aren't you in Bella?", and I was like, "Yeah", and she was like, "Cool", and then left. Random. And rare, actually, to be spotted twice in one day, let alone week or month.

5. And number five? Shoot, I can't remember exactly. I'm going to save this as a draft, step out for a smoke on my pipe and listen to our new tracks on my iPod, and then I'll come back in and maybe have remembered. I'll let you know how it goes.

...

Alright, I'm back, and unfortunately I didn't remember whatever it was I was going to say, but I did come up with three completely different things:

1. These songs are fecking brilliant! No, seriously, I am really excited about them. I placed them in sequence in my iPod and darned if they don't sound really good together. We are poised to take over the world!

2. It's really REALLY cold out there. I could hardly hold my pipe I was shaking so much. Now, before you folks in Saskatchewan begin to deride me for my thin BC skin, I might point out that it's a WET cold, and that makes ALL the difference.

3. There are a lot of raccoons around here. I had one standing there checking me out for awhile, probably because I was in the way between him and his little perch on our tool shed. I'm beginning to wonder if it's not the raccoons that keep unlatching and leaving our gate wide open, not the neighbours delivering our mail.

And there you have it.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!!! I just remembered #5! It also has to do with talking to some lady at work (who knew?):

5. I was booking a ski lesson for this lady over the phone and before we hung up she was like, "Thank you, you've been very kind. And you have a really nice voice. You should be on the radio." Ha ha, ok, so it's not that exciting, but at least I remembered, right?

Upon review, it strikes me that this particular post sounds quite self-centered and egotisitical. Boasting about our new songs, boasting about my social intelligence (?), boasting as though I'm some sort of celebrity being "sighted", boasting about my iPod, etc. Heck, I'm practically in Oasis from the sounds of it. Sorry, I really really don't mean to come off that way. This is just some random stuff that's been happening lately (like the last few days), and, considering that I'm the only one living my life, it happens to revolve around myself. This isn't making it any better, is it? How about: I LOVE DALMENY!!! Go kweebeck! Remax!

Fin

2 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger matty said...

good ol' jr. girls basketball.

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Rylan Schultz said...

you should post or send me that remix

 

Post a Comment

<< Home