Thursday, December 15, 2005

I cannot believe what we just did...

Leave it to Jesse to "give" me the most random and bizarre Christmas present I've ever received. I can safely say that I've never attended anything like what he took me to this evening.

He'd been checking up on my schedule lately, asking if I worked Wednesday or Friday evenings, and wondering if I could get them off if I did. I managed to leave early today, so we met up at the mall I used to work at, which is right by his place, at around quarter to seven. He'd told me earlier that he wasn't taking me to dinner, so I assumed we'd be going to see a play or some other type of production.

After driving through the bowels of the city (right near Ruth Ann's place, as a matter of fact - sorry to tell you you live in the bowels, by the way), he pulled up next to a United Church. We then proceeded to walk a complete circuit around the church, searching for a door we could enter through. As we passed what I assumed to be the gymnasium I heard what sounded like basketballs hitting the floor. This definitely left me wondering. We finally managed to find an open door and proceeded to intrude on what looked like a pre-teen girl's tap dancing lesson (the tapping being what I mistook for basketballing). The instructor was kind of cute, though.

Thankfully Jesse had pulled up to the wrong church, so we continued down the street a little further and found the Lutheran church he was actually looking for. We found an open door there quite easily and headed into the basement, where there were an assortment of people already gathered, with more coming in as we had. Turns out Jesse had taken me to a "Laughter Class", or "Laughter Yoga". Yeah, like I said, bizarre.

There were probably around twenty or so of us in total (one or two cute girls thrown in, a lot of thirty-something women and a few twenty-to-thirty year old-ish men). The stand-in guru for the night (as the actual, umm, "leader" was sick at home) was a man with one leg that ran us through a bunch of different laughing exercises. Let's see if I can think of a few examples:
One of the exercises had us pretending to scratch a lotto ticket (our hand), and each time we "scratched" a "square" we'd laugh, like, "Ha ha ha", or "Ho ho ho". He made us scratch about three squares, and then we apparently found out that the ticket was a scam or something, so we had to walk around showing everybody else our empty hands and laugh about it while we looked each other in the eyes. So, so weird. The majority of the rest of the exercises went along those same lines. You'd do something random, while laughing, and then walk around doing whatever it was, while laughing and looking everybody else in the eyes. Did I mention, WEIRD?!?!

Yeah. And then afterwards you just kind of went on your merry way. I talked to a few of the girls when it was over, and it was just pretty much normal, although whatever "flirt circuit" I have in my brain must have shorted out due to the extreme weirdness of what we had just been doing, so I wasn't sure whether I was supposed to make jokes or keep laughing randomly or be serious or what when I talked to them. How do you act normal after something like that?

Then he took me to A&W for something to eat. And then we grabbed Timbits from Tim's, and I laughed and laughed as he made jokes.

Honestly, did any of that really happen? Weird! I'm telling you guys, only Jesse.

4 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cameron. Cutest. Thing. EVER.

I better see you on Monday, danger boy!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Linoleum said...

WOW!!! that must have been something.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger steph said...

heeey
did you know you guys were being played on cfcr ( the community radio station here) for a while? I didnt. I work there and I was sorting through the hosts playlists and saw a few songs from you guys in there.
sweet!
Just thought....Id let you know. Cause im weird like that.

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey just stumbled across your blog and found it really interesting. I'm from Saskatoon and was just wondering what the name of your band is? Would love to hear your stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home