Friday, October 14, 2005

Various

Well, I got my amp back yesterday, and it's a darn good thing. It's definitely much louder, and I'd almost venture to say that it sounds better (although this is after having only played it maybe ten minutes in our living room before the people upstairs called to tell me to stick to acoustic). I'm pretty stoked about getting this speaker cab. I thought it was going to be $400 (based on some extensive research, for which I have much time up here on this mountain), but upon verifying with Long & McQuade I found 0ut it's only $289, and to that I say "Sweet".

Speaking of being on the top of a mountain: despite the clouds (which are high enough so as not to impede the view), the visibility is extremely good today. I just ate supper while reading my new copy of "It" by Steven King, occasionally glancing up to see the tip of Point Gray glaring at me from it's wicked protrusion into the Pacific Ocean. And it made me realize where my heart is (not that I ever really forget it for very long throughout the course of any given day). Do you want to know where my heart is? Well I'll tell you anyway. My heart is at the University of British Columbia, being carried around in a bloody sack by an 18 year old girl. I sure hope she returns it, or that I can at least find some way to steal it back from her (would that be considered Indian giving?).

Shit.

2 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's hoping you get your heart back soon, buddy!

peace.

linsaymartens

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger A Not So Desperate Housewife said...

I believe that would be, "First Nations Giving". Hee hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home