Saturday, November 03, 2007

C'est Fini

Just got back from our show in Fredericton, and I must say that I am a happy man. The show turned out to be a really great time, and I quite enjoy Fredericton. It seems like a pretty small city, but the people are great. This was probably the most well attended show of all of them, so that was really nice, and the crowd was all into it, which totally makes for a good time. I can't say as my performance was particularly inspired, but it was solid, at least.

Got to meet some great people, one of which being the guy that was DJing before and after our set. He was even nice enough to give me the very rare copy of Eric's Trip's "Love Tara" that I've been looking for all over. What a guy. Apparently he has connections in Europe, too, so he told us we could send him a package of a few CDs and he'd send them over sees to different radio stations to play.

Also met this crazy bonafide East Coast guy, with the accent and everything. That dude was hilarious. He introduced himself as Kirk "like the captain". Aww man, I can't even begin to describe him other than to say that if you know my affection for Tony (you know, "Tonee" Tony), I think I could love this guy just as much (in a different way than Tony, of course - there's only one Tony!). I'm definitely coming back here and I WILL hang out with this guy. We're going to have a kitchen party. He wanted to find a guitar somewhere and have "a sing-song", as he called it.

Thirdly, I met a girl! Can you believe it? Anyways, she seemed really nice and quite intelligent, so we'll see where that goes. Turns out she might be moving to Vancouver next year, so who knows?

And I think that's about it. A great end to a great tour. Now I need to get some decent sleep as I have to drive through a hurricane to get to Montreal tomorrow. Yeah, that's right, the hurricane I mentioned in last night's post. Look it up in the news. Apparently a bunch of people in Fredericton lost their power tonight, but the club was fine (thankfully) and the lights are on at the Motel, so I'm not sure which part of the city. It was a truly miserable day, though, with torrential rain and some insane winds. The girls and I walked from the club to a restaurant down the street and got drenched. Tiff made me laugh on the walk, though, because the guys at the club had given us each and umbrella and the guy said specifically to Tiff, "This ones really good", and it turned out to be complete crap, with the poky things sticking out all over the place. I took a couple pictures of it on her camera, so maybe I can get a copy and post it up. Hilarious.

Anyways, my trip out to the Maritimes was a definite success, and I completely intend to come back here in the future. Now I just have to figure out how the hell I'm getting from Ottawa to Toronto to stay with Matt next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home