Saturday, October 27, 2007

I See London, I See France

So we just played our show in London, and it was wicked! It was in this little pub called "The Alexander P. Keaton" (I guess whoever founded the pub was a big fan of Family Ties). There was no stage whatsoever, so the bands played in the corner, in direct proximity to the audience. It was definitely cramped, but really "intimate", for lack of a better word. It also made it a lot of fun, though, because I was able to get out into the audience and dance while I was playing the songs I don't sing in. This was especially good for our song "We Said Goodbye", where I play bass and which can tend to deflate any momentum we've gotten going with the previous five songs or so. We played with the band "The Love Machine", who we played with in Ottawa. Those guys are great. One of the best parts is that they'll come up and dance their hearts out when we're playing, which really helps get the rest of the crowd going. Char seemed to think that a lot of people came to see us specifically tonight, though, so that was good too.

Anyway, it was a total blast and we had pretty much everyone dancing by the end. We even played an encore (having cut out Camelot from the regular set so that we'd have something to play in case they wanted another one). I even got to have the crowd sing along in Give It a Night on the "aah aah aah"'s. That was a lot of fun. I keep waiting for the day when the crowd knows all the words so I can stick the mic out like a true rockstar and they'll keep the song going, if you know what I mean.

Whatever the case, tonight was rad. What's not so rad is that we have to be out of the hotel by 11:00 tomorrow morning, which means not a lot of sleeping in for me (maybe for some, but if you consider that I've been sleeping until 1:30 typically, 11:00 isn't much). We're heading out to Waterloo tomorrow, and apparently it's going to be a Halloween party, so maybe we'll dress up. Hope it's a good show, but London has set the bar rather high. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home