Friday, October 26, 2007

Knock-down, drag-out

I'm sitting in MY OWN BED in a Super 8 motel somewhere in London, ON. Yeah, that's right folks, our room has three beds, so I get my own tonight and tomorrow. Yay! Last night was a lot of fun, though, cos Char and I had a total sleep-over. We usually end up sleeping together anyway, but last night totally reminded me of sleep-overs like when I was a kid and we'd stay up all night telling stories and laughing into our pillows so as not to wake the parents. Thankfully it sounds like we were successful in being discreet, b/c our host Evan's girlfriend had commented to him about how quiet we were.

Today was a day off, the majority of it being spent in Guelph. Char and I went to this huge Catholic church that was built sometime in the 1800's, and it was amazing. Apparently it was modeled after a cathedral in Europe somewhere. If you're ever in Guelph I highly recommend that you check it out. You can't miss it, anyway, cos it's on a hill overlooking downtown.

The rest of the afternoon consisted of the three of us having a shouting match in the van whilst parked in 2 hour free parking (which I think we sat in for a total of five hours or so). After I'd yelled my piece I took off and the girls had it out for at least another two hours or so. Thankfully I think it helped some, because things seem a lot better now, although I'm not naive enough to believe we've reached any sort of resolution. Oh well, I'll take what I can get at this point. My sanity may be preserved for yet another day.

The evening was spent driving almost entirely, the part on the highway being great, the part driving around London for about an hour and a half looking for a hotel, not so great. Oh well, we managed to stumble upon the venue for tomorrow night's show, not to mention what seemed like the rest of the freaking city, so at least I'll know where to go to get there.

I've just been sitting in bed watching music videos on Youtube and listening to iTunes and I've concluded that I really enjoy playing shows. Last night was a lot of fun, and I'm actually craving playing some more. I mean really, this is what I've wanted to do since I was 16 and had just gotten into the Blue album (I'm listening to Weezer currently, which is why I bring that up). Yeah, it can be a total bitch sometimes, but all in all I'm very lucky (should say blessed) and having a great time. Much more than were I back on Grouse slaving my life into oblivion, I must say.

And I think that's about all I have to say about that. There's still a lot of tour ahead, but right now I get to sleep in a bed by myself two nights in a row, and that's good enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home