Monday, October 29, 2007

Toronto/Montreal

I'm sitting at the venue in Montreal currently, drinking the massive beer that we get for our one drink ticket. That's ok, though, because this is probably equivalent to 2 and a half beers, by my estimation. I think maybe I'll drink half of it now and half later, though, because it's definitely big enough to get me juiced before the show, and I don't think I want that to happen (already did that in Waterloo, anyway).

Last night we played Toronto, which was a bit of a bummer. I was feeling really tired before the show (didn't get much sleep the night before), and it translated to the show itself. I think we were all a bit out of it, including the crowd, because between each song there was more or less dead silence. Our big mistake was acknowledging the awkwardness, which only made things more awkward. By the end of the show I just wanted to get off that stage. Apparently there were a bunch of girls that drove four hours to see us play, so I felt even worse after hearing that. Oh well, the people we talked to said it was good, but I don't know that I necessarily believe them... whatever, lackluster shows are bound to happen when you're playing this many, especially when you're playing this many in a row. I'm really looking forward to the drive out east the next two days because it will give us a bit of a reprieve from performing. Plus I really just want to get out east.

So I don't have much of an impression of Montreal so far, other than that it's kind of funny how everything's in French. It's more French than I expected, because I'd heard that everything out here was French first and then English, like on signs and stuff, but apparently not. So far the girls are as cute as I've been told, too, and the accents totally, umm, accentuate that, if you will. Other than that, Char and I had some not-so-genuine genuine poutine (served by a cute French girl with a hot accent), and now we're waiting to play at the club.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home