Thursday, August 26, 2004

BC Rain

So here's the thing: I like rain. I love rain, in fact. BUT - I'm not so big on B.C. rain. See, the thing is, in Saskatchewan it's an event when it rains. It's refreshing. Everything smells so good and seems so new and fresh afterwards. In B.C. it's a regular occurence (granted, this summer's been rather dry, but you see my point), and instead of carrying this wonderful feeling with it, it just reminds me of winter, because that's all it does in the winter here. It's raining right now as a matter of fact (hence the topic), and I'm certainly not reminded of the beautiful summer rains we used to get in Saskatchewan. No, I'm reminded of how winter's right around the corner, and apparently practically on the doorstep. And really, I usually look forward to winter, if only the first two weeks, after which it loses it's allure and I wish for Spring. But then again, that's Saskatchewan winter, where it snows. That's probably one of the big differences between Saskatchewan rain and B.C. rain as well. You're not reminded of winter when it rains in Saskatchewan because it's such a radically different season there than it is here. Whatever the case, as much as I'm complaining about it, I've been enjoying the rain. It's just that today, for some reason, it's reminded me more of winter than autumn, as the previous days have. Menh. That's life, ain't it?

Onto bigger and better things, I'm very proud of myself at this moment. I figured out a riddle that was bound to bother me to no end until it was solved. I've gone to see "The Bourne Supremacy" twice now, and both times they've played this commercial (don't you just love how they have commercials before movies now too? Sheesh.) before the movie that has this song in it that sounded really familiar yet I couldn't place it. It had a David Gray-ish guitar riff, and then ended with someone singing "So come on" a bunch of times as the song climaxed. It sounded like a great song, whatever it was, so I took it upon myself to figure out what it was. I didn't think it'd be that hard, but no matter what I searched under I just couldn't find it. Finally, after much googling (that's for you Melissa), I followed a hunch and listened to a few clips of Death Cab For Cutie on Allmusic.com. Lo and behold, I'd found it. Turns out the song is "Transatlanticism" off the album of the same name. How satisfying is that? Ahh. Thankfully, Matt actually owns that CD, so I was able to stick it in my discman and listen to it as I went and smoked the Captain Black Amelia gave me. What a great way to end the night. I shall sleep soundly this fair evening, I believe. I wish the same for you and yours. Good night.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home