Monday, August 16, 2004

Autumn is a Treasure

Just got back from practice in New West. It was an interesting time. We ended up playing these weird tripped out jams (sorry Melissa) for about an hour and a half, and only went over the real songs once. That's probably somewhat stupid and wasteful, but hey, we're young AND we're rockstars. What do you expect?

Well, at any rate, recording should prove interesting tomorrow, if nothing else. We go in at 11:00, and if need be we'll stay until 11:00 at night. We really only have the one day to record about nine songs, so we'd better make pretty darn good on the time we have.

Ok, so in other news, the last two days have felt a lot like autumn to me. It's strange, but there's just this particular feeling in the air. I can tell it's getting close. I was compelled to listen to The Weakerthans' Left and Leaving yesterday because of it. There are just some albums that scream autumn to me and I have a hard time listening to them during the rest of the year. Delirious' Metamorphis and Watashi Wa's The Love of Life both come to mind along with the Weakerthans disc. I suppose I could lump The Rankin Family in that same category, although that's more of a nostalgic thing I inherited from my dad because he'd always listen to them. They remind me of those first couple of weeks back at high school after the summer, when the nights would keep getting longer and there'd be this anticipation hanging about because everyone's excited to be back at school and to see what a new year will bring. Man I miss that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home