Friday, August 05, 2005

Serendipity

How do you know God's hand in your life? Does He write on the wall? Does He soak a sheepskin? Or do you just know, undeniably, by the intricacy of His well laid plans?

Take, for instance, my involvement with this band called Bella. First of all, I always swore I'd never go to either Briercrest or Bethany because that's where everyone else from town went, as well as to Kadesh or Redberry, and I never subscribed to that (although I did go to Redberry one year, so I suppose that evens out that I went to Briercrest). But, of course, when I finally got my act together and decided what it was that I wanted to do, it turned out Briercrest was the most convenient location for me to pursue it at. And what the heck was Tiff doing there, being as she's from California? And what were the chances that she and I would have such similar aspirations, not to mention musical taste? How is it that the music we make together is so unique, and (in a sense) relatively effortless? We see other bands that have worked their butts off for years to get to the point we're at. I don't say this at all to be egotistical. I certainly didn't set any of this up, and I'm floored at how things have turned out, and excited to see where they're going. God designed the band I'm in, and that's a pretty rad statement to be able to make.

The funny thing is, (and I know this probably sounds like a stretch), but it's how I feel about meeting Emily, too. What were the odds that she'd come in looking for that particular Doves CD when it was actually the same copy that she'd ordered earlier and opted not to buy, as well as having passed it over several times before. What were the odds that I would have been on a Doves kick at that same time, especially after being first told about them two years prior and not paying any attention? How is it that I actually worked up the nerve to ask her to go out with me sometime when I've never before done that with a stranger, despite that I'd only a few weeks prior been encouraged by my friends to do so with a different girl that came into work a few times and seemed interested (and cute). How did I know that Emily was different? How is it that she turned out to be a Christian, when I didn't know her at all and it's next to impossible to find any Christians here, let alone stunningly attractive ones with impeccable taste in music, movies and literature? How can she be just that perfect mix of geek/cool? How is it that we share similar dreams, similar interests, and a similar view on life? How is it that for once in my life I've met someone that either, A)I'm as crazy about them as they are about me (ok, ok, I know how that sounds, but I'm sure you know what I mean), or B) They're as crazy about me as I am about them. I swear that has NEVER happened to me before. Am I making this up? It seems like the same thing to me.

So how does it all fit together? You'd think God's plan would correspond with itself, wouldn't you? Am I saying that Emily and I are destined to be together? Ha, well, the romantic part of my soul would like to think so. It certainly seems we were made for each other. God knows, I guess. I sure wish He'd fill me in.

2 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Rylan Schultz said...

its been while... yah, its crazy how things work out... i actually enjoy not knowing whats going to happen next.. most of the time anyway...

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Linoleum said...

aww... good blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home