Saturday, November 01, 2008

Dreams - A Rough Sketch

Ok, so the night before last I had this long involved dream about essentially being Slash from Guns'n'Roses' guitar tech. They were having a concert in what was supposed to be Drumheller, and for some reason I was in charge of Slash's guitars, one of which was a yellow Les Paul. It was a big outdoor show and I remember standing backstage holding this guitar and thinking that I might have to play the intro to Sweet Child of Mine for some reason, and being worried that I wouldn't be able to do it. Thankfully Slash decided to play it himself, so all I had to do was give him the guitar.

There were two halves to the concert, the first of which was where they just played songs like a normal concert, but for the second half Axl was getting married onstage for a rock'n'roll wedding extravaganza (kind of like the video for November Rain)!!!

After this finished I was just trying to find my way back to Shawn's apartment, and encountered a handful of police officers that were bracing themselves for the rush of thousands of concert goers as they left the ampitheatre. It was obvious that they expected trouble, and that there was no way they'd be able to control the mob because there were so many of them and so few cops. The one or two cops I did speak to were kind enough to show me some sort of secret exit so that I wouldn't get trampled by the crowd, and that's where the dream ended.

----

The night before that I had a couple of dreams about my Mom. These always seem to follow either one of two formats: one, where my Mom is the innnocent and I'm so happy to see her, and Carol is the "bad" one, or the other kind, where Mom kind of appears out of nowhere and I'm left thinking, "Well now what? Dad's married to both Mom and Carol". These two dreams were of the latter variety, and Mom seemed especially nasty this time. We were at home in Dalmeny, and Carol was nowhere to be found, and I remember asking Dad about her and he got really upset and said something about how he used to be really happy until Mom came back.

The other dream involving Mom had us on vacation at a cabin at a lake in Saskatchewan, and Pastor Gary's family seemed to be vacationing with us. I was hanging out in their cabin watching hockey (surprise surprise) and Mom came to get me to leave, and I got really angry at her and started yelling at her to leave me alone. Again, she seemed quite mean and nasty.

----

Now I can't necessarily remember these dreams in sequence of when I had them, but here's a few random snippets of a few older ones:

I was in Billy Joel's backyard with a couple of girls and Billy, but he was in a wheelchair. I think he may have played piano a bit, but the most striking detail was that he grabbed onto a tree swing and did this sort of acrobatic manoeuver to swing himself out of his wheelchair and onto the piano bench. The girls were amazed.

----

I was an audience member on Jeopardy, but they'd run out of seats in the audience, so I had to stand up behind one of the contestant's podiums and watch from there. One of the contestants was this guy who seemed to be a returning champion, but his whole deal was just to make fun of Alex Trebek. The other contestant was some woman. Alex was acting especially odd, I think in reponse to the guy that was making fun of him, and at one point he came up to talk to the woman and she started threatening him and swearing at him. At this point I decided to lean in and say something to break the tension, which seemed to piss Alex off, and he pretty much ended the show then and there and kicked me out. I was walking down a hallway to leave the studio and someone opened a door and a tiger and a cobra came out and chased everybody back the other way.

----

I was in the male undershirt department at the Walmart that used to be at the Centre at Circle & 8th talking to Simon about his recent marriage. As we were talking I heard some sort of African tribal music and saw this African lady doing some sort of African dance over by the entrance. I decided to follow her out and ended up in the lobby of a bank. The music continued playing and suddenly Oprah Winfrey was there dancing the same dance as the African lady. Everything went black and I was being pulled out of the trunk of a car out on the top of a desert mountain in the Middle East somewhere. There seemed to be a number of other hostages and several terrorists, one of which appeared to be in charge. I was led over to the edge of the cliff to find Jesse standing there. He proceeded to stand behind me and hold my hands behind my back as the head terrorist fired golf balls at us. Jesse laughed that the terrorist was shooting them at him and that it would hurt if he was hit in the head, which seemed a bit silly seeing as he was using me as a human shield.

----

I was at home with Jesse, who was making fun of me for not being able to cook. I think he was making some sort of stir-fry himself, and he poured me a shot of soy sauce to drink as part of his ridiculing. I decided I'd prove him wrong and spent the rest of my dream looking for the perfect recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu.

----

I flew to France with Sam and Tony and ended up going to Tony's parent's house, where he showed me his room. The house was situated in what seemed to be an industrial harbor, and Tony and I went and sat on one of the dock's outside. Tony wanted to dangle his feet in the water, but I could see that there were large fish with big teeth, as well as sharks circling us, and suggested against it.

----

That's all that I can seem to remember right now, but any random event during the day can seemingly remind me of a dream (for instance, I remembered the Billy Joel dream when we were at a show the other night and there was a guy there that looked vaguely like Billy Joel), so if I remember any more and have the desire and capacity to do so, I'll write it down.

1 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Dana said...

Those are some interesting dreams Cam!
How are things these days?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home